Updated: September 6, 2023
The StaffHealth platform is designed, in part, to connect various types of healthcare providers
(“Providers”) to various healthcare facilities and organizations (together, “Facilities”) that need or may need temporary services provided by Provider. Thus, our platform can be used to facilitate Facilities’ staffing needs and to assist Providers find desired work.
I. Types of Information Collected by StaffHealth
During your use of the Services, StaffHealth may collect the following information data about you:
A. One type of information you may provide to us may be classified as “Personal information”. This would include any or all of the following, but without limitation, your: user ID and password, name, email address, telephone number, physical address, birth date, gender, zip code, and/or other content you may provide by filling in forms or requests in connection with our Services, or other information that may be collected by using the Mobile App or the Site. You may also provide us Personal Information about you by communicating with StaffHealth by phone, e-mail, text or any other means. Personal Information is generally defined as information that is related to an identified or identifiable person, including, but not limited to, one’s name, email address, phone number, photos, government-issued identification, work credentials, or any other connected identifiable means.
B. Commonly collected information may include:
1. Contact and registration information, including your name, email address, physical address, phone number, photos and username;
2. Eligibility and identity verification information, including: licenses and credentials, driver license number, social security number, and experience;
3. Payment information including payment account information;
4. Additional scheduling information, in some instances we may also access your calendar information or location for scheduling purposes and to enable you to discover available shifts;
5. Messages to Facilities, the Services enable you to send to and receive messages from
6. Inquiries and Feedback: comments and questions you submit through customer service interactions with us or survey; and
7. User Generated Content: certain parts of the Services may enable us to receive content you post or upload.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT STAFFHEALTH WILL NOT REDACT ANY CREDENTIALS THAT
ARE UPLOADED TO THE SERVICES AND ANY DOCUMENTS UPLOADED BY YOU ARE
DONE SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. You are permitted to redact documents you upload to our Services, as you see fit. Please be aware that in order for us to conduct licensing and credential checking, you may be required to provide us with your social security number. We may also share your social security number with the Facilities you bid on to allow them to conduct their own background checks or screening processes. You may withdraw your permission and prevent our use of your information by contacting us at [email protected].
C. FACILITIES INFORMATION: StaffHealth may collect your Personal Information if you are using our Services in your capacity as a representative of a Facility. The types of information we may collect from you while using our Services in your capacity as a representative of your Facility may include, without limitation:
1. Contact and Registration Information, including your name, email address, phone number, Facility name, and your employment position.
2. Messages to Facilities that the Services allow you to send to and receive from Facilities.
3. Comments and questions you submit through customer service interactions with us or surveys.
4. Certain parts of the Services may enable us to receive content you post or upload plus other forms of user generated content.
D. Persons that visit our website may provide and we may collect information the visiting person may choose to submit to us including:
1. Contact and registration information, including your name, email address, phone number.
2. Inquiries and feedback such as comments and questions you submit through customer service interactions with us.
E. Similar to many, if not most, other websites and/or mobile apps, we also may collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate through our Services. Accordingly, we may collect any of the following:
1. When you use our Services, we and our service providers collect and analyze information such as your IP address, browser characteristics, device IDs and other characteristics, platform type, operating system, and the state or country from which you accessed the Services.
2. When you use our Services, we and our service providers collect and analyze information about your usage activity such as referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, files you download, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services and upload or post content, error logs, language preferences, and other similar information. All of this information is used to analyze trends, administer the Services, track navigation of the site, deliver relevant advertisements and gather broad demographic information. We use this information to improve our understanding of our users’ needs and provide relevant services.
II. The Manner in Which We Use Facility and Provider Data
We will use the information you provide to us for a variety of purposes, including without limitation:
1. To create and administer your StaffHealth account, provide communication between Facilities and Providers to request and/or confirm scheduling for healthcare services, facilitate direct messaging between Facilities and Providers, disclose Provider profiles to their Facilities and vice versa;
2. To verify the accuracy and status of your licensing credentials with various licensing boards;
3. To respond to your requests for support;
4. To provide information about the Services including any modifications or additions to our Services;
5. To transmit offers and other communications that may be of interest to our user community;
6. To analyze and improve the Services;
7. To market and advertise our Services;
8. For invoicing and fraud prevention. We have a strong and sincere interest in trying to provide a safe and secure environment in which Providers and Facilities can conduct their business. We also want to ensure that we comply with any legal obligations we may have;
9. To conduct identification and criminal background checks on Providers, to the extent required and as permitted by applicable law, to further the public interest of ensuring the public safety and preventing or detecting unlawful acts, protecting the public against dishonesty and maintain the integrity of the Services, especially in light of the fact that Providers are often in direct contact with Facilities and their patients;
10. To enforce the StaffHealth Terms of Service (and/or other contractual agreements) and ensure that we are in compliance with any agreements we are a party to and as otherwise set forth in our Terms of Service;
11. To comply with any procedures, laws and regulations governing us or our Services;
12. To defend our equitable and/or legal rights, or, where necessary, any other legitimate interests we or others to whom we may have a duty may have; and
13. For security and fraud detection purposes, including by detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity and to protect the safety of the Services, our employees and members of our user community.
III. The Manner in Which We May Disclose Facility and Provider Information
A. We may share your information with third parties outside of StaffHealth under the following circumstances:
1. We may disclose information when you consent to disclosure or when you direct us to disclose information by virtue of your use of the Services, such as sharing Provider resumes or profiles with Facilities to staff open shift opportunities.
2. We may disclose information to other businesses, certain services and individuals that perform functions on our behalf. These activities could include processing or making payments, maintaining the Site, the Mobile App and/or our Services, or facilitating text or email deliveries to you. We require that our service providers and contractors protect your Personal Information with the same standards we do, however we are not responsible for and have no input into their policies or practices.
3. We may disclose information that we believe is required or necessary to comply with applicable, to enforce our intellectual property rights, to enforce our Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property or safety of StaffHealth and our employees or our user community or the public, and/or to defend against third-party claims. We may also disclose information when requested to comply with a court order, subpoena, or governmental and/or quasi-governmental request or investigation.
or otherwise make your Personal Information publicly available – for example through comments and participation in forums or through email – that information can be seen, collected and used by others in addition to us. We are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information. StaffHealth may use and disclose aggregated data and/or data that has been modified to hide specific identifying markers for any purpose. Accordingly, we may disclose aggregated usage data from our Providers or general demographic information of our Providers to provide anonymous aggregated data to business partners about the volume of use on the Services and the open shift opportunities that garner the most interest from Providers.
IV. The Manner in Which We Seek to Protect Our Data
StaffHealth seeks to use appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. However, no security system is absolute or totally impervious. Accordingly, like all offerings using the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information supplied will not be intercepted or breached while being transmitted over the Internet. You are responsible for keeping your account information and especially your login information confidential. We recommend that you safeguard your information and not share your login credentials with any other persons.
V. User Community Rights and Options
A. You are able to review, update, change or delete the information you have provided to us (and that we store) in your profile at any time through your profile settings. To disable your account or request assistance with profile changes please contact us directly at [email protected].
B. You can click on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of marketing emails you may receive from us to unsubscribe. Regardless of your choices regarding promotional communications and updates regarding content, we may periodically send you administrative messages, service announcements, terms and conditions of your account, or other similar communications.
C. Upon request, we will provide you a copy of certain Personal Information about you that we maintain in our data logs. This information may require payment of a processing fee, which fee will not exceed the amount permitted by applicable law.
D. Local laws that apply to specific users may permit a user to exercise certain rights with respect to the information we collect from and about you. Depending on your location, you (or an authorized agent acting on your behalf) may make certain requests related to your personal information, including that we:
1. Provide access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you.
2. Correct certain personal information we have about you.
3. Delete certain personal information we have about you.
4. Applicable law may prevent discrimination against you for exercising your rights. If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, you may contact us at [email protected]. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to your request as required or permitted by applicable law. Please note your rights and choices vary depending upon your location, and certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. In some circumstances, if you ask us to delete your information, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services. Data may persist in back-ups for a period of time following deletion. Virginia residents may appeal the denial of a request here: [email protected]. We will respond within the legally required time period, including a written explanation of the results of your appeal.
E. Residents of certain states such as Virginia may opt out of the “sale” of their personal information or processing of their personal information for targeted advertising. We allow third parties on our Site or Mobile App to receive certain information such as cookies, IP address, device identifiers, browsing behavior and/or other activity to enable the delivery of targeted advertising about the Services to you. This activity is processed for targeted advertising and may be considered a sale under applicable law. If you would like to opt out of this activity, you may do so at: [email protected]
You may still receive advertising, it just may not be tailored to your interests. Please note, if you use different browsers, devices, or services you will need to opt-out on each browser or device where you want the choice to apply. In some cases, you may also be presented with a form field to complete, in those cases we ask for your email address or other information so we may add it to an appropriate suppression list.
StaffHealth may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes. The length of time we retain information depends upon the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information and, to the extent permitted by law, disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. We are under no obligation to destroy anonymized aggregate data.
VIII. StaffHealth’s Policy Regarding Children
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 18. We will not knowingly maintain personally identifiable information from or about anyone under 18. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from a user that is under the age of 18, then we will remove that child’s Personal Information from our files. If a parent or guardian learns his or her child has provided us with Personal Information, he or she should contact us at [email protected].
IX. Visitors and Users from Outside of the United States
Our computer systems for the Services are currently governed by and operated in the United States, so your Personal Information will be processed by us in the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world, such as the European Union. StaffHealth makes no representation that the Services are governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation. If you are a visitor from outside the United States, by using the Services, you understand that your Personal Information will be collected and processed in the United States and other countries where StaffHealth or its vendors operate, and acknowledge that your information may be subject to access by law enforcement and other government entities, in accordance with applicable laws. StaffHealth reserves the right to store this information in and outside of the United States and in locations not under our direct control (for example, co-located server facilities).
X. Modifications, Amendments and Updates
XI. Account Deletion Procedure
In order to delete StaffHealth account, please:
XII. Contact Us
Last Updated: September 6, 2023